Decker
Have v5 Pro and am getting back into using it after many months of inactivity. I like the program now. I am using the v6 trial and I saved my PB to my iDisk. I was hoping to access the file with my home Mac and I can. Problem is, if I make changes to the PB at home the changes are not reflected in the file when I open it at work and vice versus.  I have manually synched each file to the iDisk and this does not help. What does work for one iteration is to change the name of the file and then the changes in one location appear when I opened the file at the other. In practice, it is as if I have two different files with the same name. Should I be able to have a shared PB file that can be accessed with two different PCs and if so, any idea what I can do to get this to happen? Really want this to work because I am starting to put a good bit of data in the file and I want to have access to it when not at work.

zenrain
You may want to take a look at Harlan's post here.

At the very least, only use iDisk for transferring brainzips. Dropbox is a much more robust synching solution than iDisk, and it's still not recommended for synching brain databases.

As you are testing 6.x, you may as well test the WebBrain synching solution also. There is a 30 day trial period, and if you are using multiple computers it's well worth the monthly fee.
Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software