dkpalmer

I have a very large number of nested folders with over 1000 files that I would like to import into a Brain. There are about 55 fulders under the root folder and many subfolders under these. Just wondering if there is a way to pull the whole whole structure into the brain so that each subfolder becomes a child of the parent folder and the ned result is a Brain where each folder is a thought containing the docs that were in the original folder.

There are 10 kinds of people in the world: those who understand Binary and those who don't.
zoner
Try file, import, folder. I think that will bring in all subfolders as child thoughts and any attachments in folders as attachments to the thought. 
dkpalmer

That only seems to work for, at most, teo levels down. And it chokes at that point - or at least stops importing.  I'm hoping there's a 'trick' to it somewhare, or a condition that has to be met.

There are 10 kinds of people in the world: those who understand Binary and those who don't.
dkpalmer

It successfully imported 32 out of 62 primary subfolders - including, from what I can see, all the related subfodlers/files. However, it stopped at that point. The last status showed about 520 imports out of 1650+ total. No errors - the process just stopped. Wondering if there is some type of limit on the import process.

Moe
dk, Thank You for posting.  Please increase available memory using the vmoptions file to see if it helps. Please see below for instructions.

By default, PB uses a maximum of 192 MB. This is usually enough but for some operations there may be an issue with running out of heap space. 
The example below raises the max to 320 MB, but the number can be higher if needed.

1. Close PB

2. Create a text file and put the following content into it:

-Xmx320m

Make sure there is a linefeed (Enter) at the of the text. Save this file and name it PersonalBrain.vmoptions in the PB program folder. Please make sure you save the file as "PersonalBrain.vmoptions" and not "PersonalBrain.vmoptions.txt".

To access the PB program folder, go into Program Files\PersonalBrain on Windows. On Mac OS, Ctrl-Click on the PersonalBrain icon and select Show Package Contents then navigate to Contents > Resources > app. (The PersonalBrain.vmoptions file must be in the same location as the file PersonalBrain.jar)

3. Restart PB.

Thanks,
Moe

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software