ctetaz
HI
I have imported a number of FreeMind files, but their default text is purple on grey which is unreadable. I can change them one by one to white text, but was looking for a way to change multiple nodes color at once.
Anyone have any suggestions ?

thanks

Charles
zenrain
Is the color the default, or is it set on each thought?

You may try seeing if assigning the thought a type (with the type's color set to a different color) changes the color of the text. However, if the color is set at the thought level, a thought types formatting won't override it.

If that doesn't work, you can either change it one at a time, or if they are all the same color you can also try:
  1. Selecting all of the thoughts that were just imported (an easy way to do this would be to go to your reports tab and sort by date created)
  2. Right-Click the selection box and choose Copy Selected Thoughts.
  3. Open notepad (or the text editor of your choice) and paste.
  4. Locate one of the thoughts and note the color assignment (see image below for what it will look like).
  5. Use Replace All to replace that color number with 0.
  6. Copy the entire contents of the text file and paste it back into PersonalBrain. If the thoughts are duplicated instead of replaced, you can shift + right-click the selection box and delete the selected thoughts (the now duplicate thoughts).

Click image for larger version - Name: Thought_Color.png, Views: 140, Size: 21.79 KB
Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6
ctetaz
Excellent - the copy paste trick worked a treat. I now have everything visible again.

Chuck

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software