HansLentzen
During the import of BRAIN 8 data to BRAIN 9 beta I got several times the message: The program terminated unexpectedly. For more than 4 hrs I am trying it again. Now I got the message: The database could not be opened. If this BRAIN is open in BRAIN 8 please close it and try it again. 
But nothing happens. I am using Mac Book Pro with macOS Sierra Vs.10.12.1

I would be happy to get an advice.

Best regards,
Hans 
pthompson
Hans,

Do you still have TheBrain 8 open? If so, can you please close it and then try the import again? Also, where are you importing the file from? Is this a local hard drive? 

Any additional information you can share will help us troubleshoot the issue. Thank you.

HansLentzen
pthompson wrote:
Hans,

Do you still have TheBrain 8 open? If so, can you please close it and then try the import again? Also, where are you importing the file from? Is this a local hard drive? 

Any additional information you can share will help us troubleshoot the issue. Thank you.

HansLentzen
Patrick,

I have two brains 8 to import, a smaller one (7.4 GB, about 35,000 thoughts) and a bigger one (23.5 GB, about 61,000 thoughts). The brains 8 and the new brain 9 beta are on the same Macintosh SSD of my MacBook Pro. I guess, that 75% of the import (attachments, thoughts etc.) works well within 1-2 min. But the last 25% (the entries) make a lot of the trouble I mentioned in my previous post. I tried both: with closed brain8 and with opened one. But just some minutes ago I tried to make the import of the smaller brain 8 from an external hard drive. That works well in a couple of minutes. All this information is for the small brain 8. In case of the huge brain 8 (importing brain 8 from external hard drive) I got always got the message: "the database could not be opened". The brain 8 is closed.

Hans

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software