tonja

Hello,

How can I import an Taged Mindmap from Mindmanager including the tags into an brain?

Assume:

Tags: T1, T2...TN

Nodes: N1,N2,...Ni

Mindmap Structure

T1:N1

T2:N11

T2:N111

T2:N112

T3:N12

T1:N2

T2:N21

T2:N211

T2:N212

T3:N22

How can I load this into the PB with the note-structure and the tagging.

Greetings

CardPlayer

I claim no expertise on this particular task on hand, merely sharing an idea: Try saving your MM file into a MS WORD file and then see if BRAIN can handle that. 

Click image for larger version - Name: MM-2-Word.png, Views: 94, Size: 156.75 KB
tonja
Hello,

here the MMP flie with the MMP standard tags and individual tags (PB tag and/or categories).

see attachement

Greetings,

CardPlayer

I see now, the variety of tags you want to be preserved when MM file is to be imported into PB, yes?

The export to Word was a success, it retained all icons and sorted out the tags but I am really not sure if this word to PB will work. Have you tried it? Even if the icons being pulled in by PB, MS Word layout is linear, hence you’ll end up with a first level series of “Thoughts” in PB. (I’d think so but cannot check it as I do not yet have a working PB installed). Hence I think you would need to build up the associations manually and that is depending on the original MM layout, can be more manual work than worth doing, yes?

How much data do you have in MM that you really wish to import into PB?

May I ask the reason as to what value do you foresee to gain by doing this import?

Here I am turning your question for help into an inquiry of my own as I am investigating the reasons why should I go down the same road. If I do however, I am unlikely to face your kind of problem since I use MM mainly for visual thinking and no longer use the maps to keep valuable data in it for long term use.

So, if anything  we could have a discussion about the best use of MM and PB if you like.

Sincerely

Z

tonja
Hi ,
the reason is only the speed of tagging and structuring of a new huge topic works faster in MMP.
- MMP-Tags are only one click away in the sidebar (and pretty nice visualised)
- MMP gives a more dense structure, this is perfect for good developing structured topic maps

Since this first version becomes a stable structure, I like to import it into PB, so I can keep the information-bubble easy in access and can even connect it more with new or old nodes in the network.

It's only annoying, if I'm just near ready 99% with my work, I must start in PB all the tagging-admin-stuff again in PB...

Greetings,

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software