marcof
Hi all,

I'm in a bit of pickle, my brain was created under version 8. I upgraded it to the beta version of 9.
However I haven't touched it for a while, and now I needed to update to the release version of 9.
The brain folder is located on a ssd usb drive.

Now I can't seem to properly access my brain anymore, folder import gives my the U01 node names.
I lost all names and hierarchy, which is a real problem for me.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to rescue my brain?

Thanks!
mcaton
Marcof,

Thanks for posting.  Not to worry, I'm sure we can get you up and running again. The Brain storage system for v9 is much different than v8.  U01 is your user ID and inside you would typically see B01, B02, etc. Those would be your Brain directories.  We can specify where the app looks to open a Brain by clicking on Preferences > System > Storage... Select Folder.  However, v9 should not be opening Brains from a USB Drive, so you would need to move your Brains/U01 folder somewhere local and then direct TheBrain towards that location.

It may be best if we take a closer look together via a web meeting.  Please send a note directly to support@thebrain.com or to me at matt@thebrain.com and we'll take a closer look together ASAP.

Thank you,
Matt

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software