Graybeard
I have many bookmarks in Firefox I would like to import.

The only way to do this is to export from Firefox as an HTML file and then import into Internet Explorer. (In my case IE11 on Windows 8.1).  Then select the PB8 menu option to "Import IE Favorites".

The procedure seems to work (no error messages etc)  but the bookmarks do not get imported correctly.  I have bookmarks that are in sub folders of sub folders.  For some the sub folder imports OK but none of the bookmarks that it should contain are there.

Has anyone found any way to get this to work?
Graybeard
zenrain
I haven't tried importing bookmarks in a long time, so I can't comment on if I've had issues with it.
However, I've noticed when importing a lot of items sometimes the Java memory assignment isn't enough, and increasing it temporarily will resolve the issue and allow it to import everything.
See here for information on how to do that.
macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 11.0.119
Graybeard
Thanks for your reply.

I tried that but it did not make any difference.

I then tried deleting more and more bookmarks to see if a smaller set, or a set with no items in sub folders made a difference.

However it would not even the bookmark when there was only one.

Then I deleted all bookmarks that I had imported from Firefox and created one in IE11 >> That was imported OK.

It would seem that only Bookmarks created withing IE11 are imported.

Bookmarks imported from Firefox - although they work fine within IE11 - are ignored when you try to import into PB8.

I examined the shortcuts themselves , their security settings etc etc but I cannot see any difference.

If I copy and paste each shortcut URL (that was originally created and saved in  Firefox Bookmark File)   into a completely new shortcut, withing IE11, it works OK.
Graybeard

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software