Qwill
I just upgraded my mac to Maverick.
Everytime I try to launch TheBrain, I got the following message : "To open TheBrain you need a JAVA SE 6 execution engine". I followed the instruction to install it; but no luck...
Looking for any suggestions to get TheBrain back in track..

Qwill
TheBrain 9.0.250 -  OsX High Sierra &  Win7
jostber
Try to reinstall Java and the launch TheBrain again?

TheBrain 8.0.2.2 Slackware 14.2 KDE 4.10.3 Java 1.8 / (Windows 7)
Qwill
Already did it. (Install java, reboot, launch TheBrain) almost three times; no success.
What I find strange is that I thought that TheBrain comes with its own JRE package insode the application.  (At least in the windows version). I'm not enough knowledgeable on Mac OsX to find where are situated the software files in order to verify that the .ini files points toward the correct JRE or JDK.

I'm curious to know whether others have encountered the same issue.
andreas
No problems here. OsX asked for the java thing. One click and everything installed automatically. Sorry...
zenrain
No problems here either, sorry. It prompted me to install a Java package, and after it installed TheBrain opened.
macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 11.0.119
Qwill
UPDATE: 
I finally solved it.
Prior to Maverick upgrade, there was a jdk upgrade pushed by Apple which disabled java on the mac. 

I finally reinstalled it from here: http://support.apple.com/kb/dl1421 and now everything's back to normal.

zenrain
In case someone else runs into this and doesn't find it in the forums, I added it here also.
macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 11.0.119
pthompson
TheBrain should prompt you that Java is needed, with a Install button to click to install it. Please check behind any open windows you have open if you do not see this right away.
BVullierme
Does somebody know of compatibility issues between TheBrain 6.0.7.5 and Mac OS X Mavericks ?
BVu
BVullierme
Apparently PersonalBrain 6.0.7.5 CAN NOT be opened with OS X Mavericks.
For the finder, PersonalBrain is seen as damaged.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software