danlandrum
Discovered Zenrain's TB9 Keyboard Maestro scripts this morning while searching the forum for any update on the (hopefully soon) INBOX function. Thanks, Alex. [smile]

I still find the OmniFocus Inbox as the best place to capture, schedule, and prioritize my work, however I think more clearly and actually DO my work better in TheBrain.  OmniFocus is very well written across MacOS and iOS, but as a long time user I've found that keeping everything in the program is a mistake. I guess it is just too hierarchical for me. There's something about the way that TheBrain leaves breadcrumbs and makes associations obvious that eases the fear of getting stuck. That said, I hope to be able to continue capturing with OF, but then quickly sort what's been captured into the appropriate workspace. For me this means DevonThink for archiving, and TheBrain for research and project management.

I know Harlan has mentioned that we'll eventually be able to mail into TB9, but what I'm hoping will happen is that the share button, accessed in programs like OmniFocus, which itself accesses Apple MacOs extensions, will have an option that ties it to a TB9 inbox, with an option for current thought or inbox, similar to what Zenrain has done with this script. 
OSX 10.13 
iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015)
3.3 GHz Intel Core i5
32 GB 1867 MHz DDR3
zenrain
Quote:
Discovered Zenrain's TB9 Keyboard Maestro scripts this morning while searching the forum for any update on the (hopefully soon) INBOX function. Thanks, Alex. [smile]

Yay, hope you find it to be useful.

Funny, I'm just starting to move away from OmniFocus. I just don't have a need for all it's bells and whistles any more, and am finding the combination of Reminders for repeating tasks and TaskPaper and TheBrain for lists and project management to be sufficient. I'm also using DevonThink for Archival. 

I think the Inbox will definitely be a huge step forward as far as capture (over older versions), and I'm also really hoping that now we have a native app, that it will take full advantage of the Share button and Share Sheet functionality of both macOS and iOS.

However, I realize that these things take time, and it's important to get the TheBrain 9 core functionality rock solid before branching into new areas. In the meantime integrating TheBrain a bit with KeyboardMaestro is working well for me. [smile]
macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 11.0.119
mcaton
Dan,

For anyone stumbling across this thread looking for Brain Inbox information... the last big discussion on the Inbox took place here: http://forums.thebrain.com/post/7908401

Thanks,
Matt

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software