Rob2050
If I include a link, say to a Wikipedia page, and the content displays.

Later, is that page included in the search? Is a snapshot of the page included in the Brain or it just is rendered?
Rob2050
I thought I found an answer, but ti was for linked files, not linked URLs.

I think the contents of linked URLs are not searched.
mcaton
Rob,

You are correct.  URLs are not yet indexed or searchable by TheBrain. This is on our feature request list.

Thank you,
Matt
jayofemi
Hello,

That is correct. At the moment, TheBrain will search through the contents of notes and linked files but not linked URLs. TheBrain does not keep snapshots if the webpages either, just a link to them so that they can be rendered in the internal browser.

Thanks,
Jay
mdlynam
I wonder how an extension like WorldBrain's Memex (https://worldbrain.io/) could be leveraged to do what (I think) you're looking to do.  It'd likely be limited to whether the Memex data is stored in a file that's indexable with your OS's search.
Rob2050
Thanks for the updates.

+1 to somehow search it, even if indexing a page that is not cached. I realize that might have UI implications that you could find a search term that no longer exists on the rendered page, but Google does this so I think people might be used to that behavior.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software