richramos

I have a webbrain that the thoughts are not being displayed in the correct order:

The thoughts are being displayed as if they were arranged by type.
I have double checked in PB and the arrange thoughts by "name" is selected.
I've even forced a resync.

How do I get the correct arrangement?

Thanks,
Rich 
Moe
Rich, Thanks for posting. The default sort in the Plex for an uploaded webbrain is by Type. You can change the sort by right clicking the Plex in your uploaded webbrain then select Arrange Thoughts by > Name.

Thanks,
Moe
richramos

Hello Moe,

Thanks for the response, that clears up one thing.

So is there a way to get the order to STAY by name once changed?
It would appear that every new open of the webbrain reverts back to ordered by type.

Thanks,
Rich
Moe
Hello Rich,

You are correct, every time you open the webbrain it reverts back, so you have to set it each time to the sort order you wish to use. I have put in a request with our developers to change this so that the sort order set in PB is followed after an upload or sync to webbrain.

Thanks,
Moe
richramos

Thanks Moe.

-Rich
Underdog
In Bug Tracker even untyped Thoughts are not appearing in proper order and there is not right-click offering to sort them any other way. In particular, under the Home Thought you will see the Child Thoughts ordered thusly:

2) GUI
1) Installation

I have no idea what makes one of these two so special in WebBrain. I have tried all re-ordering options in the local brain to achieve this ordering, but none of them, whether by Thought Type or by Last Activated or Date of Creation, make these two appear as they do in WebBrain.

Click image for larger version - Name: Sorting_order.png, Views: 58, Size: 35.88 KB

- Michael
TheBrain 10.0.17.0 beta / 9.1.x / 8.0.2.1 / (PB) 6 || Win7

Moe
Underdog, Thanks for posting. If your Thought contains a label, the label will take precedence over the name when it comes to the sort order in the Plex. A future version of webbrain will contain the feature to sort the Plex via right click.

Thanks,
Moe
Underdog
Bingo Moe! That was it!

- Michael
TheBrain 10.0.17.0 beta / 9.1.x / 8.0.2.1 / (PB) 6 || Win7

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software