zenrain
It would be nice to be able to increase the size of the wikipedia and other sites that show up in the notes/attachments section. Right now it's a fairly small area that makes reading from within WebBrain difficult.
macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 11.0.119
pthompson
Alex,

Thank you for the feedback. I will pass this along to our developers. In the meantime, you should be able to resize the notes field to increase the viewing size of the embedded URL.

Regards,
zenrain
Got it, thanks. 
As a note to others reading this thread, if you increase the size of the note field in WebBrain, go to another thought and back to the original thought it will increase the embedded page size (you can't just resize notes while remaining on the thought)
macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 11.0.119
pthompson
Alex,

I'm pretty it shouldn't act this way. I'll take a look again and report this as a bug to our developers. Thank you.
pthompson
zenrain wrote:
Got it, thanks. 
As a note to others reading this thread, if you increase the size of the note field in WebBrain, go to another thought and back to the original thought it will increase the embedded page size (you can't just resize notes while remaining on the thought)

Alex,

I may be following the steps you outlined incorrectly or simply don't understand, but I can't seem to recreate any issue with this.

These are the steps I took:

1. Opened a Brain on the Cloud to its home thought (which has a wikipedia page embedded)

2. Resize notes field to increase the viewing size of the embedded wikipedia page.

3. Notes field resizes fine.

4. Navigate to a different thought. Notes field stays the same (resized).

5. Navigate back to Thought with embedded wikipedia page. Notes field stays the same (resized).
zenrain
Hmmm, testing with Jerry's Brain on Firefox 11.0 on Windows 7 and now I can't get it to resize at all. Also tested with my own (private) brain and in IE (8), but it remains a thin sliver either if I resize the notes field and stay on the thought, or resize, go to a different thought and go back.

macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 11.0.119
pthompson
Alex,

I still haven't been able to reproduce this. It actually seems to work even better using Firefox. Perhaps we can setup a web meeting to go over this in person. Are you able to send a video or screenshots with an example of the issue?
haddock
Hi Guys,

Thanks to Zenrain for bringing this up, I too have Wikipedia pages as the sole attachment, and I really like the ease with which you can drag them in.

Perhaps, because we are talking about nested frames, we need to distinguish between the Note frame, which is resizable, and the frame within it that is used to display Wikipedia pages, which is not resizable.

What's not so good is that this inner Iframe is just not high enough, with the result that you need to use local anchors in order to skip headings and such.

If I use Firefox Tools to identify this inner frame in I find that it is html.client-js , which is a leaf in the div tree. If that was just given a bit more height, or made resizable, then not only would Zenrain and I be happier bunnies, but one of your nicer features would get noticed more.

There must be a number somewhere that assigns that height already, so in this case a double plus, more is better.

Please!
pthompson
haddock,

Thank you for posting. I will forward your findings and input over to our developers for review.
haddock
Many thanks!

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software