ruudhein Show full post »
Harlan
Harlan wrote:

@Ruud: Please post a short video of when you are seeing a problem, it sounds like it is misbehaving for you. You said "as soon as you type * italic kicks in...." Do you mean that the * you type disappears? This should not be happening but if it is, it could be that tags are being hidden while you are typing. This would be a bug - tags are only supposed to disappear when you click away from the editor.

Nevermind the request for a video... I discovered the problem you are experiencing. If you click on the grey area below a note when you are going to start editing, the tags will remain hidden instead of being displayed. To work around this bug, click anywhere in the note itself (not in the grey area below thi note). We will fix this for the next release.
Regards,
-Harlan
Harlan
 @Ruud:The issue that you experienced with the editor has been fixed in 11.0.18, up now. Thanks for reporting.
Regards,
-Harlan
ruudhein
Fixed indeed @Harlan -- thank you!
Using: Evernote | Filterize | Roam Research | Feedly | Save Page WE | TheBrain v11.0.91.0

(Windows 10)
ruudhein
[update] I rejoiced too soon...

This is virtually real time (20 frames/sec). As you see I would have to be very fast to get a double * in

md bold.gif 

It doesn't happen consistently. I've been trying to recreate the situation and going from note → click on plex → go to a note seems to trigger this behavior.

Maybe related: back/forward button disabled after plex click
Using: Evernote | Filterize | Roam Research | Feedly | Save Page WE | TheBrain v11.0.91.0

(Windows 10)
Harlan
What method are you using to set the keyboard focus to notes? That’s where the issue is happening. If you can record a video showing your process of going from plex back to notes, that would help us understand what is going wrong. 
Regards,
-Harlan
ruudhein
I use the keyboard to click into the white area of the editor. Later I click onto an empty place in the plex. Will try to do another video today; it's one of those things that doesn't happen consistently, but consistently happens when you're not recording 😉

(Windows 10)
ruudhein
Here you go:
plex-optimized.gif 
Had to reduce the filesize; sorry.

To replicate:
  • start with TB just launched (or previous MD bug loop may be persisting)
  • create a thought (idem)
  • click in editor and type a test like
    good **coffee**
  • click on an empty spot in the plex
  • back into the note
  • type a test like
    does **this** still work
Result: the editor has now switched to toggling Italic.

Usually that state will persist. If you navigate away from the note and back, it will still make Italic as soon as you type a *
Sometimes the state persists across other notes, even if previously you had no issue.

Closing that brain and reopening it doesn't clear it.
Brains open in other tabs don't seem to be affected.

Closing and reopening TheBrain application itself brings everything back to start

(Windows 10)
mcaton

Ruud,

Thank you for sharing the detailed steps.  Unfortunately, I'm still unable to replicate. Do you happen to have any particular Note Theme selected or customized?

Thanks,
Matt

ruudhein
Nope, haven't changed anything. First saw it in my main brain. Thought it could be an artifact or but newly created sandbox brain does the same. 

(Windows 10)
Harlan
This should have been fixed with 11.0.18 and we cannot replicate the problem anymore. Please double check that you are running the latest version (11.0.19). Thanks.
Regards,
-Harlan
Harlan
We found a way to replicate this issue again in 11.0.19 and will address it as soon as we can.
Regards,
-Harlan
Harlan
11.0.21 should resolve this fully I believe.
Regards,
-Harlan
ruudhein
Fixed yes. Thanks!

(Windows 10)
mcaton
Thanks for confirming.

Matt

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software