SamCox

TB 8.0.1.2 running in free trial mode with Pro privileges (at least for now):
J-1.7.0_67

In the Instant Search box (lower left corner) I enter the name of a thought that doesn't exist in my brain. I'm presented with a selection of thoughts, an option to create a new thought, and an option to search the brain. After select "Create", I find that I immediately have 6 copies of the new thought in my brain. I must have a preferences setting wrong.

-- Sam

P.S., This brain was newly created with TB 8.0.1.2 and J-1.7.0_67 just a few days ago.

pthompson
Hello Sam,

I remember this being an issue in previous versions and believe it was fixed. Are you sure you are not clicking the Create button more than once?
SamCox
Hi Patrick,

It's possible that my mouse is acting up. In Options > Preferences > UI, I changed "Enter key defaults to:" to Create Thought. When I typed a new thought name and pressed Enter, a single copy of the thought was created. When I switched "Enter key defaults to:" back to Search, a very carefully pressed single mouse click created 6 or more identical thoughts. It sounds like key bounce, doesn't it? I'll try this again when I get another mouse.

-- Sam
SamCox
The problem was, indeed, caused by my mouse. I replaced the mouse and the Create button works as expected.

-- Sam
pthompson
Great. I'm glad you were able to get it working! [smile]

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software