zenrain
Currently it looks like the results order we get for searches in Instant Search are:
  1. Thought Names
  2. Attachment Contents
  3. Notes
I think moving notes before the attachment content results would be better as notes are something I have created, whereas attachments may or may not be.

So my preference for the order would be:
  1. Thought Names
  2. Note Content
  3. Attachment Content
If you introduce results for labels, web content, and link information in the future I think it should be:
  1. Thought Names
  2. Thought Labels
  3. Link Labels
  4. Note Content
  5. Attachment Content
  6. Web Content
/EndOpinion
macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 11.0.119
mcaton
Zen,

Thanks for sharing!  I'll document the order request.

Thank you,
Matt

enkidu
+1

cheers
enkidu
korm
I would prefer labels to come after content -- I search my brains to find content more often than searching to find attributes.

Probably what's needed is a preference to set the ability to determine which categories are searched (see Zenrain's list, for example) and the order in which results are displayed.   The display result should (perhaps optionally) have a divider or other way to distinguish between results in different categories.   E.g., a thought named "Grand Unified Theory" and a label "Grand Unified Theory" side by side a results list might be confusing.
mcaton
I can see the use for an ordering preference - especially depending on which features you use/rely on most often.  Thanks for mentioning and I'll update the feature request.

Thanks,
Matt
smieg
Will it be possible to search the content of linked Outlook .msg files including attachments? Our organizations relies on them a lot an being able to link to and search our corporate electronic file plan using theBrain would be great!

Thanks,
Andy
mcaton
Further Outlook integration is on it's way, but yes, .msg files are being indexed.  You can currently drag and drop an .msg file onto your desktop and then into your Brain.  Searching on content within the message is working.

Thank you,
Matt

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software