GerSch
Will it be possible in the future that the intern browser of TheBrain could save cookies? Now every time I have to full in log-in-data of linked information. 
mcaton
GerSch,

Sorry, I'm not quite sure what you are referring to?  Could you provide some screenshots of what you are seeing vs. what you are expecting to see?

Do you mean attachments to thoughts that are online require you to log in each time?

Thank you,
Matt
GerSch
As an example I want to link to a task in Todoist. I put the url of the task to a new thought. Now in the intern browser I have to login into my Todoist account and then I can see the task in Todoist. When I link the next task all works fine, but when I close and reopen TheBrain 9 I have to login again. Google Chrome as my normal standard browser can remember the login data all the time. I think it is a question of cookie management, or?
perry
This issue was also detailed in this Thread: http://forums.thebrain.com/post/webmail-links-7885765
pthompson
I believe this has already been marked as a feature request, as mentioned by perry.
jotapa
+1

With the embedded browser, the ability to pass user credentials (for automated login) and user context to web sites (whatever is stored on our PCs with cookies), is a very important requirement.
perry
The other somewhat annoying aspect of having an independent browser session means that things like followed links won't ever display:
Screenshot - 5_05_2016 , 9_54_54 PM.png 
pardon my user style [wink]

pthompson
perry wrote:
The other somewhat annoying aspect of having an independent browser session means that things like followed links won't ever display:
Screenshot - 5_05_2016 , 9_54_54 PM.png 
pardon my user style [wink]

Good point. Also something to consider.
GerSch
I tested for better task management Nozbe (www.nozbe.com). Unfortunalety this app is not working in the embedded browser at all. I don´t know, why? Do you have any ideas?
mcaton
To clarify, the URL loads - but you're not automatically logged in as you may have expected - correct?

TheBrainIcon.png 

Thanks,
Matt
GerSch
Matt, I have an account. When I click on Login the browser window becomes white and blanc. When I have an url of a Nozbe task, same result. May be Nozbe needs some feature of a browser that your embedded browser not have??
pthompson
Thanks for the clarification.
perry
GerSch wrote:
Will it be possible in the future that the intern browser of TheBrain could save cookies? Now every time I have to full in log-in-data of linked information. 

Another REALLY annoying aspect to this is that the internal browser does not accept text from the Clipboard, which means I can't copy / paste from real browser's password manager.

Thankfully KeePass will auto-type it in... but it's annoying.
perry
Actually, I can't copy anything from a displayed webpage in the internal browser... that's annoying too.
mcaton
Perry,

Thanks for posting.  I believe this is previously documented - I'll confirm.  Quick work around to click on the OPEN button and copy from browser, but I see your point.

Thanks,
Matt

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software