rengel
That's irritating:

Click image for larger version - Name: internal.jpg, Views: 124, Size: 160.45 KB
Reinhard, TB 11.0.98.0, WIN 10

Quality is the result of attention paid to details.
pthompson
Reinhard,

Because it is a virtual folder, Internal is meant to denote that the file(s) are internal to that folder.
rengel
Patrick,

yes, that's what I thought. But still, it made me stumble (otherwise I wouldn't have asked). It's a possible source of errors. If I'm not using virtual thoughts, something that is 'internal' can't be deleted from outside the brain, right? But If I mix normal thoughts with virtual thoughts, I have to think, which is which; and if I'm in a hurry, mistakes can happen. I might accidentally delete the supposed internal attachment in the folder in the file system, and it would be gone...

'Internal to brain' and 'Internal to folder' would be clearer.

Reinhard, TB 11.0.98.0, WIN 10

Quality is the result of attention paid to details.
danlandrum
I'm glad I found this forum post as I was very close to deleting some important files this morning. I'm becoming more and more dependent, happily so, on theBrain. As has been suggested in your seminars, I'm slowly discovering and implementing new uses. In everything I've done up to this point the word "Internal" in theBrain nomenclature has meant just what it says. Having the word suddenly mean the opposite is needlessly and potentially harmful.

I hope this can be corrected. Since, as you mention Patrick, files in virtual folders are internal to the folder, not internal to TheBrain, they should say so. Everything is internal to something in the real world, but if my response to a question about an item's location is always "inside," it doesn't actually help the person looking for the item if I don't implicitly answer the implied question.  Inside what? [smile]
OSX 10.13 
iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015)
3.3 GHz Intel Core i5
32 GB 1867 MHz DDR3

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software