JohnAtl
I'm reading a book on the web.
I'm at, say, chapter 4, and that is the thought selected in the plex. It is a child thought of the book thought.
I navigate in the browser pane to chapter 5. I want to drag the address over and have it be a child of the book. If I drop it, it will become a child of chapter 4, and I will need to reparent it by shift-dragging the top dot (parent link) to the book.
Is there an easier way to do this?
John

mcaton
John,

Picturing this in my head, it seems that you just need to make the Book Thought the current active thought, before dragging and dropping.  Any time you drag and drop into the plex, you will either be creating a child thought of the current active thought, or can drag, hover and release over an existing Thought.

Thanks,
Matt
JohnAtl
This scenario arose because I was adding child thoughts to the book parent, but all the children were named 'Git' with the chapter title in the label. Thus, all the children began to look alike. When I added a new child, I needed to rename it so they weren't all named 'Git'. This video illustrates:

Adding book chapters
John

danlandrum
You probably know this, but in your video, instead of copying and pasting the text, you can click the little arrow below the thought name. This swaps label and name in one click.
OSX 10.13 
iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015)
3.3 GHz Intel Core i5
32 GB 1867 MHz DDR3
JohnAtl
I didn't know that. That will probably be helpful. Thanks!
John

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software