bmac
I was attempting to set up a new brain and I thought it would be a good idea if it was possible to copy all of the preferences from one existing brain to the new brain. I cannot seem to find any information regarding that.

Bill
Bill
customized Desktop PC (Haswell i7 4770 3.4 gHz with 32 GB RAM), Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, 256 GB SSD,  and a Microsoft Surface Pro 6, Windows 10, 512 GB SSD, 16 GB ram, i5
Steeph
Just copy the XML file, search for "TheBrain8Preferences.xml" in your user directory.
PB user since 1998

Mind over matter?
I don't mind and it doesn't matter.
TB 8.0.2.1 Pro on Win10.1 Pro 64bit JVM 1.8.0-112
bmac
Thanks!
Bill
customized Desktop PC (Haswell i7 4770 3.4 gHz with 32 GB RAM), Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, 256 GB SSD,  and a Microsoft Surface Pro 6, Windows 10, 512 GB SSD, 16 GB ram, i5
bmac
It appears that the XML file contains preferences for all brings together. I was hoping to copy the preferences from one existing brain (I have several) to a new brain I would like to create without trying to manually match fonts, colors etc. is there a specific XML file for each brain?
Bill
zenrain
If you want to carry over Fonts and Plex coloration I would recommend:
  1. Opening the brain with the plex coloration and layout you want to carry over and under Options choose Save Theme As.
  2. Give the Theme a name.
  3. Open the brain you want to take on the new colors.
  4. Choose Options > Set Theme and select the theme you just created.
 I'm pretty sure the font carries over in themes also, unless you are going cross-platform and the other platform doesn't have that font (something I ran into all the time going between Windows and OS X). 

For notes colors and text, open the _Brain folder for your original brain and copy the notes.css file. Then open the _brain folder you want to transfer the notes font and colors to and rename the notes.css file to oldnotes.css and paste the other file in. Now the notes should match.
macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 11.0.119
bmac
Thanks again Zenrain.  I have been using the brain since version 3.0 pre-2000 and continually am amazed at its power (and functionality that I did not know existed)!
Bill

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software