orymartin

Dryopithecus
Unfortunately, as far as I know, it's not possible yet.
Jzack42
Is this now possible in version 11?
metta
@Jzack42 ~

Not as far as I know, but this would be a great feature request!
DavidGretzschel
How would that look though?

In Outline view each Thought has the same height. Adding linebreaks into the mix would make it look messy.
In Normal View and Mindmap view, there'd be similar spacing issues with where the Gates are and which line moves where and using which curvature.

At the moment a Thought/Type/Tag is a Rectangle/Elipse/Hexagon with a specific height in pixels for each zoom setting.
Then of course there's a smaller version for "distant Thoughts/Tags/Types" when you click middle mouse in Normal View.
Longer Thought names only affect the length of those shapes. I think this assumption is load-bearing for the Plex to not look crazy.

Not saying this is impossible, but I personally don't have an immediate idea of how.

Lenovo Legion Y720 | 32Gb Ram | i5-7300-HQ, 4 cores @2.5 Ghz | GTX 1060 | :{Windows 10 (latest build) |  SSD: Model SAMSUNG MZVLW256HEHP-000L2

Laptop monitor: 15,6 inch, 1920x1080@60Hz
external monitor: 42.5 inch, 3840x2160@60Hz
(I use one or the other, never both at once)
--
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 256Gb LTE
Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 256Gb LTE
---
unless otherwise specified, assume 100% scaling
My videos always show the current time & date (look at Windows Taskbar).
---
How to use TheBrain 11 fast (work in progress)

metta
@DavidGretzschel ~

In this case, I suspect "messy" is going to be a matter of personal preference, especially when compared to the usefulness of being able to view the full thought name. (For example, some people feel curved thought links and complex wallpapers look "busy" and confusing, while others prefer them.)

In addition, some users preface their thought names with dates, and this inevitably uses up much of the visible space for displaying the full thought name. In addition, in dense areas of the plex, thought names are inevitably truncated which reduces the length of the thought name still further.

Other users typically want to include different types of information in the thought name, and this would be (for some users) ideally displayed on 2 lines.

How all this would work behind the scenes, is another matter entirely, and I could not begin to speculate on the feasibility of providing this functionality. However, gate/line placements already adjust automatically in dense areas of the plex, so it might not be outside the realm of possibility.

In addition, another related thought name feature request has already been documented, and I see this request to insert a line break in the thought name as simply another variation of this multi-line thought name idea:
> Display Long Thought Names on 2 Lines (by default, not just on hover)

(FYI, screenshots and multiple +1 votes have been provided on this earlier/older request.)
mcaton
Feature request has been documented. Thank you all for posting.

Matt

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software