DavidGretzschel
I love the direction of the most recent updates.

However, I wonder whether "Notes Editor>Restore Cursor and Scroll position of recently viewed Notes" is supposed to reset again, after TheBrain has been restarted.
At the moment it does.
I think it would be better, if it would not.
Why should a TB-update, a change from light to dark Theme, or from compact to non-compact toolbar force me to scroll all the way down to continue writing that 300 page (hypothetical) novel of mine?

Also in some situations, scroll-position isn't always (correctly) restored, only cursor position. [see video]
https://www.loom.com/share/3fc7fd3827fb4e479d3a403f77f007ca
A little bit more documentation of intended behaviour and current limitation in the patch notes would be appreciated, so I'd know whether something is a bug or not.
This isn't terribly important, but it would be nice if this could be polished at some point.

But in any case, the fact that scroll-position is restored within a session is already extremely useful and definitely an extremely welcome change.
Though it does noticeably change my behaviour.
I tend to never close TheBrain now, if I can avoid it and put my computer to sleep, instead of rebooting the system. I hope, that's not going to cause stability issues.

Lenovo Legion Y720 | 32Gb Ram | i5-7300-HQ, 4 cores @2.5 Ghz | GTX 1060 | :{Windows 10 (latest build) |  SSD: Model SAMSUNG MZVLW256HEHP-000L2

Laptop monitor: 15,6 inch, 1920x1080@60Hz
external monitor: 42.5 inch, 3840x2160@60Hz
(I use one or the other, never both at once)
--
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 256Gb LTE
Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 256Gb LTE
---
unless otherwise specified, assume 100% scaling
My videos always show the current time & date (look at Windows Taskbar).
---
How to use TheBrain 11 fast (work in progress)

mcaton
David,

In short, Feature Request to have cursor position remembered, even if the app restarts?

Thanks,
Matt
DavidGretzschel
Sure, yeah.

Lenovo Legion Y720 | 32Gb Ram | i5-7300-HQ, 4 cores @2.5 Ghz | GTX 1060 | :{Windows 10 (latest build) |  SSD: Model SAMSUNG MZVLW256HEHP-000L2

Laptop monitor: 15,6 inch, 1920x1080@60Hz
external monitor: 42.5 inch, 3840x2160@60Hz
(I use one or the other, never both at once)
--
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 256Gb LTE
Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 256Gb LTE
---
unless otherwise specified, assume 100% scaling
My videos always show the current time & date (look at Windows Taskbar).
---
How to use TheBrain 11 fast (work in progress)

Harlan

Thanks for the feedback David. Glad to hear you like this new feature. 👍

I’ve seen a few cases where the scroll position didn’t restore for some reason but haven’t been able to pin down the cause. If you notice a pattern to this behavior please let us know. 

Regards,
-Harlan

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software