GerSch
Has the intern browser on web and PC/Mac the same functionality or what differences are there?
mcaton
Thanks for posting. The internal browser in TheBrain functions identically on both macOS and Windows.

Thanks,
Matt
GerSch
Oh no, Matt. My question was if the browser in the web client is the same than the browser on PC/Mac?
metta

@GerSch ~

I've noticed that if a brain link is attached to a thought, it will display properly in the desktop. However, my Opera browser blocks the brain link as "insecure content" in the web client.

In addition, iFrames do not display properly when attached as links in either the desktop and/or the web client.

There may be other differences between the 2 browsers, but I haven't tested them recently since there are so many other unresolved bugs in the web client.

FWIW, I've also seen the following bugs reported in the embedded browser. Don't know if these apply only to the desktop and/or to the web client as well.
> Evernote crashes the web browser
> The embedded browser does not block ads
> A significant number of web pages, including secure sites, will not display in the embedded browser.

Harlan
The web client works completely differently than the Windows/macOS desktop client as it is a web browser. As a browser, the web client does not have a "internal browser" - it is fundamentally limited in what it can display by the fact that it is itself a browser. So yes, it is in fact very different and you cannot expect it to function like the desktop. That is the reason why the display of attached URL links in the web client is disabled by default. Many links will display properly when shown in the web client (and it is impossible for us to make them work) because of the way the browser security and HTML work.
Regards,
-Harlan
metta
In light of all the current challenges with displaying links in the embedded browser in the web client, would it be worth revisiting the suggestion that was made last year to limit this "internal browser" in the web client to the following 3 web sites?
  • Wikipedia
  • YouTube
  • Vimeo
I'm just wondering how best to make use of the web client "browser" in light of all the unpredictable display results....
metta
Or, better yet, if the embedded browser can never be expected to be fully functional, could it be removed from the web client entirely and replaced with a list view of the attachments/links which are visible and accessible (with a single click) from the notes view comparable to what we currently have in desktop and in the TB8 web brain?

This would also solve multiple problems we currently have with the tab view of attachments in the current web client.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software