Mishilynn
I'd love to go back to using The Brain but need a seamless way to save things from the web--something like the chrome extension in Trello that allows me to save images and URLs. Does this exist now? 

Thanks!
LouisJG
I second that.  I'm dying for a web capture chrome extension that's of Evernote quality.  One of the only reasons I still use Evernote is the web clipper.  If the Brain had one for Chrome if not also Android I'd be really happy.
PaulaO
In Android, you use the "share" in the browser (I use Firefox) and select TheBrain to share to. TheBrain is listed wherever the "share" is available. It is put into the Android TB's Inbox (located on the bottom right).

For desktop, I just drag the URL bar into TB into the file section. If TB isn't open, I will save to Pocket then drag over later.
Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Spell checkers aren't worth shirt.

Writers and editors have their own demon. Typo is his mane.
vmilhoan
I was dragging the URL bar into TB, and this works well. However, I do like the Evernote clipper where it clips not only the URL but also page content.

I searched and found an extension called "Print Friendly & PDF". It captures the webpage content and adds a clickable link to the source URL at the beginning of the PDF it generates. The PDF is also searchable.

Once I generate the PDF, I drag that into TB.
ruudhein
See also TheBrain + archiving (web)
Using: Evernote | Filterize | Roam Research | Feedly | Save Page WE | TheBrain v11.0.91.0

(Windows 10)
PaulaO
vmilhoan wrote:
I was dragging the URL bar into TB, and this works well. However, I do like the Evernote clipper where it clips not only the URL but also page content.

I searched and found an extension called "Print Friendly & PDF". It captures the webpage content and adds a clickable link to the source URL at the beginning of the PDF it generates. The PDF is also searchable.

Once I generate the PDF, I drag that into TB.

YES! I love that extension. It makes for better reading later.
Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Spell checkers aren't worth shirt.

Writers and editors have their own demon. Typo is his mane.
Mishilynn
Thanks for your answers! I'm a novelist and because of the way I work, I need something quicker and more seamless--Evernote, Pinterest, and Trello all have similar extensions that allow easy saving of web content. The Brain is the most like MY brain of any app I've seen but I need that quick input for it to be useable. Fingers crossed they add this feature someday! 
ruudhein
Yeah they're very different beasts in that regard.

If you want it as fast as possible and be sure the content will still be there you can use the Archiveror extension to save the page to archive.org and archive.is. If ever your page disappears, simply putting the URL in there to find it back is fast and simple.

Otherwise use Evernote, Pocket Premium,or Pinboard to save a permanent copy.
Using: Evernote | Filterize | Roam Research | Feedly | Save Page WE | TheBrain v11.0.91.0

(Windows 10)
jbrogaard
PaulaO wrote:
For desktop, I just drag the URL bar into TB into the file section. If TB isn't open, I will save to Pocket then drag over later.

I think dragging is really easy, however my/the problem is, when working on a (company) PC without TB installed and one comes across something worth brainsaving you can't just click once, e.g. like https://www.gqueues.com/help/chromeExtension
I would have to: (login to webTB-)tab-node-+-URL-paste-save-tab.
mcaton
Thanks for posting everyone.  Yes, the easiest way to currently get a web site into TheBrain is drag and drop.  We do, however, have a documented feature request to add a desktop 'inbox' where you could send data into the application. Browser extensions are documented in this request as well.

Thanks,
Matt
jbrogaard
That's just awesome to hear, thx Matt 🙂

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software