ibuljeta
I've installed 11 Beta few weeks ago and had issues starting it from the start.
After 11 being released as normal version, I've uninstalled 10 and installed 11 as noted on troubleshooting page, but still have problem with 11 starting up.
Machine I use is in corporate domain and I did installed it with account that has domain admin permissions and if I try to start it with that username (Run as administrator), application starts without issues, but when I try with standard user account, I can see TheBrain process appearing in task manager and exiting after 5-6 seconds with "Suspended" comment.

Are there any additional permissions needed on domain machines or I'm doing something else wrong?

Please see below errors captured by event viewer

Thanks in advance,
Ivo

Application: TheBrain.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.UnauthorizedAccessException
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32, System.String)
at System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator`1[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]].CommonInit()
at System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator`1[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]]..ctor(System.String, System.String, System.String, System.IO.SearchOption, System.IO.SearchResultHandler`1<System.__Canon>, Boolean)
at System.IO.DirectoryInfo.InternalGetDirectories(System.String, System.IO.SearchOption)
at System.IO.DirectoryInfo.GetDirectories(System.String)
at ##.#QEd(System.IO.DirectoryInfo)
at ##.#Igh()
at TheBrain.Windows.App.TheBrainApp.#oe(System.String[])

Faulting application name: TheBrain.exe, version: 11.0.60.0, time stamp: 0x5e56b842
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.18362.628, time stamp: 0x54734dee
Exception code: 0xe0434352
Fault offset: 0x00113db2
Faulting process id: 0x4b34
Faulting application start time: 0x01d5f212e11e0ea0
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\TheBrain\TheBrain 11\TheBrain.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: 2518fb30-214d-4296-b39b-e8f74c6755c2
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:
mcaton
Thank you for posting! Sorry I don't have a quick fix for you, but I'll make sure the engineering team takes a closer look.

Matt
mcaton
Good news. 11.0.62 is now available on the alpha channel and should address this issue. The Alpha channel contains frequent updates and provides access to the very latest versions. It is the recommended channel if you have an urgent need for a fix that is not yet available on the Stable channel and do not mind frequent updates.

To get on the Alpha channel:

Windows: Go to Options > Preferences > System > Updates, and select Alpha from the dropdown menu. Then go to Help > Check for Update, and install the update.

macOS: Go to TheBrain > Preferences > System > Updates and select Alpha from the dropdown menu. Then go to TheBrain > Check for Update, and install the update.

Thank you,
Matt
ibuljeta
Thanks a lot for the update and quick assistance.
I've did an alpha update and it seems it works correctly now.

Is there any way to see when this fix will be merged to stable branch so I can switch back to it?

Also, can I be on stable channel on my other Brain installs and keep this one machine on alpha? Are there potential issues with that or I need to go alpha on all of them?

Thanks again,
Ivo
Harlan
Hello Ivo,

Glad to hear it is working for you.

Sorry but no, there is no way to know when a given change will be migrated to the stable channel. Changes are released as groups and if any given change causes an issue it prevents the entire group from being migrated until it has been fixed or removed.

Yes, you can be on different update channels on different machines - that will not cause any problems. 🙂
Regards,
-Harlan

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software