rhodes
I came across this (now closed) thread in the 5.5 beta forum and would like to state that I am experiencing the same problems:

http://forums.thebrain.com/post?id=4634094

If I UNcheck "Activate last created thought" I don't see why it still works when I paste a copy of a thought back into the Plex. Is this a bug?

On the other hand, when I drag and drop a web page into the Plex and CHECK this option, the NEW child Thought created is NOT made active, which is annoying when I (often) need to activate it immediately and edit it. I agree with Darkstar in the original post that this behavior just doesn't seem to be what the average user would expect. Can something be done to include drag-and-drop in the scope of this feature?

I also notice others have asked for an accelerator to toggle this option instead of going into Preferences to do it. I would like to see this added to the list of accelerators to be created, with the proviso that some status message be displayed each time the accelerator is triggered.

Thank you.

Alan Rhodes
Moe
Alan, Thanks for posting and the feedback you have provided. I have put in a feature request with our developers to add an accelerator for quick enabling and disabling of the "Activate last created Thought" feature.

Quote:

Originally posted by rhodes
On the other hand, when I drag and drop a web page into the Plex and CHECK this option, the NEW child Thought created is NOT made active

"Activate last created Thought" is designed for when Thoughts are created manually, not via drag and drop.

Thanks,
Moe
rhodes
Thank you Moe for replying and for placing a feature request for this much needed accelerator.

Quote:
"Activate last created Thought" is designed for when Thoughts are created manually, not via drag and drop.

I think it would be a good idea for the User Guide to make clear the limitation of this feature.
Alan Rhodes

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software