Cerebrum
Running 9.0.89 on Windows 10.
  1. Sometimes when I right-mouse-click in Notes, all the text below the insertion point is selected, which is not the behavior I want. 
  2. I get spelling suggestions when I right-mouse-click on a word. (Seems to be related to my first point.) Sometimes I get 9 suggestions, not one of which is relevant. If I want spelling suggestions, I expect to select the word first.
  3. The Edit/Undo command in the main menu has no effect on edits in Notes. This is counter-intuitive, especially given that there's no "Undo" menu choice in Notes. Yes, I can right-mouse-click Undo or Ctrl-Z, but there should be an Undo icon in Notes.
  4. When I select one of the styles (Title, Heading, Sub-heading, Normal), all of the text in the Note changes to that style. (Seems to be related to point #1 above.)
  5. What is the DelRay Notes style? It seems to be the same as Modern.
zenrain
4. The note style should be specific to the paragraph, and shouldn't change the text style that is after a line break. Is this what you are seeing?
5. DelRay has different heading styles, they stand out more.
macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 11.0.119
Cerebrum
Thanks zenrain.

I see what's happening. Whenever I copy and paste text into Notes, all of the pasted text is being treated as a paragraph for purposes of applying styles.

I just tried it with the text in this post. If I copy and then select "Paste" in Notes, and then apply a style to "Thanks zenrain", all the text takes on that style. If, though, I select "Paste and Match Format", then each paragraph is treated separately.

And thanks for the info about DelRay. The difference is obvious with headings. 

mcaton
Cerebrum,

Thanks for posting.  I'm documenting the Right Click selects the sentence issue.  Seems to be happening only in Windows for me.

Next, can you give us an example of a misspelled word and the suggestions you are presented with?

Also will be adding the feature request for a Notes Undo button.

Thank you
Matt
Cerebrum
mcaton wrote:
Next, can you give us an example of a misspelled word and the suggestions you are presented with?
I have several notes with snippets of programming code, so there are many words that are not English: names of objects, properties, functions and variables. Whenever I right-mouse-click on any of these words (to copy or cut), I don't want any spelling suggestions, and I'm not going to ask TheBrain to "learn" or "ignore" all these words.

One more thing: I just noticed that some of the notes that I'm copying and pasting are from using the command "Copy as Text Outline" after using Ctrl-Click to add all Thoughts in node to a Selection, and then pasting the outline into Notes. (My intention is to then selectively link some of the thoughts using "Insert Link to Thought".) The resulting text is considered one paragraph for purposes of applying styles unless I use "Paste and Match Format". 

mcaton
Cerebrum,

You can turn the spell checking feature off in the Notes context menu - or click the Spell as You Type button if your Brain window is open wide enough.  This will disable the spelling/suggestion feature that you are not interested in using.

Also, you are correct that we have 2 pasting options.  Are you not seeing the expected results when clicking Paste vs. Paste and Match Format?

Thanks,
Matt
Cerebrum
mcaton wrote:
You can turn the spell checking feature off in the Notes context menu - or click the Spell as You Type button if your Brain window is open wide enough.
I've already done that. It turns off the red squiggly lines under the supposedly misspelled words.

I still get the suggestions when I right-mouse click.
mcaton
Cerebrum,

I was able to replicate this scenario and have documented it for our engineers.

Thank you,
Matt

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software