zenrain
New post up on TheBrain User Knowledgebase.
In it I muse about information dense clusters. Which sounds far more impressive than it actually is.
macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 11.0.119
mctrexler
Thanks.   I need to spend some more time poring through the Knowledgebase! 

I did note one of your links re making Brains webbrain friendly.  Here's our effort to push that as far as we've figured out how.  We actually built an entire help system into the Social Cost of Carbon Brain using thought icons as the key components of that help system.  (The Social Cost of Carbon is the $/ton number that reflects the incremental damage of a ton of carbon dioxide emissions in terms of climate change.  It's a contentious policy and economic topic, and the Brain provides a comprehensive introduction to the literature and the issues).   But you might be interested in taking a look at the help system.  Feedback welcome!

Mark
zenrain
Thanks, I took a brief look. My only concern with using thought icons in what will normally be accessed as a WebBrain is they currently only work when accessing from a desktop. I haven't found a way to enlarge them on an iOS device (I don't know about Android devices) and since that's the way I sometimes access them I've tried to concentrate more on the text in the notes. I'm guessing this will change soon with the release of the iOS and then Android applications.
Also, it takes a little longer to enlarge them, than read the notes when the thought is activated. On further reflection this seems like a decent tradeoff because you can only read notes when that thought is active, but you can enlarge the thought icon for any thought that's visible. Since you primarily use icons, I highly recommend you add a note to the help section to resize the plex so it's full size (drag the notes down). without doing that the thought icons may not be able to expand to the full size. The example of this is the "What infrastructure is within 27 inches of sea level rise in FL". Also, wow $66 billion.

My other feedback is to make the link lines darker. I've included a screenshot that I think showcases this. I think it's a bit more specific for the SCC in the News section than the others because the text is dark blue. 

Screen Shot 2014-03-15 at 8.28.13 PM.png 

What a great source of information about this. Lots of great stuff. Thanks for sharing!
macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 11.0.119
mctrexler
Good point re redundancy for the help text.  I'll do that in the future.  But yes, being able to open ANY thought icon on the screen is a huge advantage for something like a help system as compared to having to activate each thought.  And yes, I'm doing thicker lines now, and using different Link types with colors.  Until we are able to select and change links as a group, however, links are of relatively limited usefulness.  It just takes too long.  Imagine trying to use Types and Tags if we had to assign each thought individually. 

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software