sc_tt
Now enjoying 7.0.1.1-b on OS 10.6.8.

When working with thoughts in the plex, Japanese existing thought search functions as expected following this normal example process:

1) Create new child thought by dragging link from existing thought
2) Type name of existing one-word thought phonetically
3) Hit spacebar to accept the suggested character set (existing thought(s) automatically appear in the Existing Thoughts window below)
4) Accept appropriate character set by hitting enter
5) Arrow down or use mouse to select appropriate existing thought
6) Hit enter or use mouse to complete thought creation (green check mark)

However, the behavior differs in the search box at the lower left of the plex:

1) Type name of existing one-word thought phonetically
2) Hit spacebar to accept suggested character set (existing thought(s) DO NOT automatically appear in the window above)
3) Accept appropriate character set by hitting enter (no existing thoughts appear - no way to select existing thought)

Eventually I found two ways to make the existing Japanese thoughts appear above the search box.  Continuing:

4a) hit Command key
4b) hit space and then backspace
5) Use arrow keys or mouse to select appropriate existing thought
sc_tt
mcaton
Thank you for reporting this issue.  I was not able to replicate this, but I have notified our engineers for their testing and review.

Thank you,
Matt

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software