joejac
Hello,

I am thinking seriously to uninstall Java from my computers, but how am I going to run TheBrain without Java?. Any idea please?
The reason is Java vulnerabilities, please see this post:
Thanks a lot
joejac

Steeph
Short answer: You can't.

Longer answer, but it's less a problem than it might seem. Java has indeed its vulnerabilities, but using a webbrowser in itself is exposing yourself to the bad guys out there. Do as I do and simply disable the Java plugin in your browser. As is also suggested in the link you mentioned. I've done that some time ago and since then I've not seen a site where I had to enable it again for that site. It seems Java for websites is getting out of fashion.
You will then only be able to run Java locally, but that's not really a risk. After all, a malicious program would already have to be on your PC to be able to exploit any Java vulnerability.
PB user since 1998

Mind over matter?
I don't mind and it doesn't matter.
TB 8.0.2.1 Pro on Win10.1 Pro 64bit JVM 1.8.0-112
zoner
I concur with Steeph.
Quote:
It seems Java for websites is getting out of fashion.

Most definitely the case now. With the presence of JavaScript, which has been around for a long time now, there is no need to use Java in the browser like it was in the old days of applets and such. It is more used on the backend (jsp pages).
joejac
Thanks Steeph and zoner.

I already disabled Java from the browsers, but I still have my concerns. I will be looking how Oracle handles the Java vulnerabilities in the near future.

Regards
joejac

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software