abull

I have a very connected brain that is getting very complex to view.  I would like to have my Jump thoughts not display their connections to the Siblings of my current thought.  Is there a way to achieve this?

rhodes
Hi and welcome to the forum. You can't hide sibling links, only siblings themselves, which you can do by unchecking Show Siblings in the Advanced section of Preferences. Hiding siblings includes hiding links to them.

(Added) After giving your post a bit more thought, I think there is a lot to be said for any suggestion such as yours which simplifies the plex by reducing the number of thoughts or links displayed, particularly in a crowded situation. Maybe there should be an option to "hide all distant links", in which case their presence or absence would be made clear by the color of their jump gates.
Alan Rhodes
Moe
If you have PB version 6.0.2.3 or higher installed. You can quickly toggle the option to show siblings by assigning an accelerator to Preferences > Plex > Show siblings in Options > Preferences > Accelerators (tab) .

Although there is no option to specifically disable the showing of Jump Thought links, there is an option to disable the showing of links in general which you might find useful. The option can be found under Options > Preferences > Look and Feel (tab) > Draw Links.

Thanks,
Moe
rhodes
Thanks Moe, I forgot about turning off all links. Wonder how many users actually find this helpful and have this preference set?
Alan Rhodes
abull

I appreciate the suggestions.  How about approaching it this way, is there a way to get the program to highlight the links only to the current central thought?  When you put your mouse of the thought this happens.  Maybe once you put your mouse over another thought that is visable then those links will highlight until you remove your mouse, at which point the central thought would become highlighted again.

rhodes
I think jostber suggested making the link labels of all links radiating from the central thought flash on. That would do it and also serve to highlight the immediately connected thoughts.
Alan Rhodes

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software