JudyW
I'm at the end of my trial period.  How do you justify the cost of PB Pro vs Mindjet or any other MM software?  My primary need is to attach multiple files or a folder to a thought.  The Mac version lacks many features.

Thanks for your thoughts,

Judy W.

Judy W.
westbroek
I use PB as an all encompassing system. It stores my work, my thoughts, my wishes, my memories. It includes video, audio, images. I've long looked for something that I could hand off to "the next generation": PB was/is it.

The only other program I use more often is Firefox, my web browser.

I find the price steep, very steep, and think 150-200 is more of a fair price but in the end....

Multiple files per thought: you have to judge that value for yourself. How would it be if you worked with one thought which has multiple children, each with a file? That's possible too.

In many cases, especially where I have an image attached, I'll rather use that model. It's instantly clear which files there are.

mbaas
Judy,

like westbroek, I'm using PB as my universal information-and-everything-else-manager

When it came to purchasing, I went Pro without hesitating. First of all, because I have spent far more (in sum) in the past on info-managers that didn't work for me and already after a few days of working with PB, it had surpassed them all in terms of functionality etc. So it didn't seem too high at the time. Secondly, because I wanted those additional features, most notably multiple attachments and filtering on activity. And thirdly, but that's more a personal reflection, it has proven such a value for me that I saw this registration also as a "token of appreciation" to the developer, so I would have gone for the most expensive solution even if it didn't deliver any immediate practical value.

However, since you did a price-comparison to MM-software, I would like to make the point that PB IMHO is no MM, it is much more, BrainMapping or whatever, I don't think there's an appropriate label for it - it is so unique   But has it proven that value to you already - or do you use it in a more limited way? 

All the best

Michael

JudyW
mbaas & Michael,

Thank you for your input.  You are so right about spending too much time on info managers that don't work.  I feel I tried them all.  I really like PB - especially being able to attach multiple files and bringing a thought to the forefront - it helps me focus!

My issue is spending $250 on software that is not fully functional (the mac version does not integrate with iCal and Address Book) and Customer Support said there is no time frame.

Thanks for making your points.  It helped me make a decision.

mbaas, you mentioned about "filtering on an activity" - what is that?

Judy W.

Judy W.
mbaas
Judy,

"filtering on activity" means that you can select thoughts (on the Reports-tab) based on "modified since" (as well as "activated since" or "created since"). I found that very useful on several ocassions

Cheers

Michael 

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software