Xvarnah

Version on TheBrain : 9.0.84.0

Version of Kaspesky : Kasperky Internet Security 16.0.0.164(e)

Hello,

As it did before with the previous versions of TheBain9, Kasperky Internet Security detects "TheBrainUpdateHelper.exe" as an "HEUR.Trojan.Win 32.Generic" and, thus, blocks TheBrain9 on launching.

Please check the here attached screen captures.

How can such an issue be definitively solved ?

Thanks in advance for your kind assistance and answer.

Best regards. Click image for larger version - Name: 2016-03-15_TheBrain_9.0.84.0_-_Error_Message.jpg, Views: 230, Size: 41.32 KB Click image for larger version - Name: 2016-03-15_TheBrain9.0.84.0_-_Trojan_detected_by_Kaspersky.jpg, Views: 238, Size: 47.89 KB
pthompson
Thanks for the update. This is a known issue and definitely is in our list of bugs to look into. In the meantime, you will need to temporarily disable Kaspersky when instilling or updating TheBrain.

Xvarnah

Many thanks for your kind reply pthompson.

Unfortunately this workaround does not work : as soon as you launch TheBrain9, Kaspersky sends you a warning message and eliminates right away "TheBrainUpdateHelper.exe", blocking TheBrain9 in the same time.

pthompson
You may need to add that file and TheBrain itself as an exception in Kaspersky.
Xvarnah

Thank you for your suggestion pthompson.

Unfortunately, this does not work either.

Considering the level of the alert (red), the possibility of excluding is not offered. One can only try to ignore. But then Kaspersky ceaselessly renews the alert, blocking TheBrain9.

On the more, even if you try to set TheBrain9 and TheBrainUpdateHelper.exe as trusted applications, Kaspersky will not take it in account.

Result : since more than a month and a half, I am not able to use and test The Brain9.

pthompson
Xvarnah,

Are you able to temporarily close Kaspersky so you can try re-downloading the latest Brain 9 installer and install it?
Xvarnah

This is what I did, Patrick Thompson, with TheBrain9.0.85.0.

The program then, is correctly installed with no visible problem.

But as soon as I turn Kasperky "on" again and try to launch TheBrain9, TheBrainUpdateHelper.exe is detected by Kaspersky as a generic trojan with a level of maximal alert (red) and Kaspersky blocks TheBrain9's launching.

pthompson
Xvarnah,

Are you still able to use TheBrain 9? TheBrainUpdateHelper.exe is not needed for TheBrain 9 to run. Are you sure this is all that's being blocked? What version of Kaspersky are you using?
Xvarnah
Version on TheBrain : 9.0.85.0

Version of Kaspesky : Kasperky Internet Security 16.0.0.164(f)

Hello, Patrick Thompson,

Thanks for your questions.

When I launch TheBrain9 :

1 - I guet an error message from Windows which says that the program could not be launched properly and that Windows will have to close it right after searching for a solution;

2 - Almost in the same time, I get a Kaspersky's alert regarding "TheBrainUpdateHelper.exe" (even if I installed TheBrain9 after pausing Kaspersky)

3 - Even after deleting "TheBrainUpdateHelper.exe" with Kaspersky and rebooting my computer, I still get the Windows' error message mentionned above and TheBrain9 won't launch anymore.

I have no such problems with TheBrain8.

Is there a workaround to these issues ?

Best regards

pthompson
Xvarnah,

The workaround would be adding TheBrain and TheBrainUpdateHelp as an exception in Kaspersky, which should be able to be done in the Settings/Firewall of Kaspersky. If you are unable to find out how to do this, perhaps we can setup a web meeting to troubleshoot this in person.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software