richramos

Am I just missing it, or is there no way to set a KBA for the "Paste Web Link" command?  I don't see it in the "Thought > ..." list.

-Rich
zenrain
I think Edit > Paste into Plex may be what you are looking for?
Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6
richramos
Ah, OK I see that.  Thanks.

So now that raises another question...
Let's say I have a URL that I'm trying to paste into the plex using the KBA...  
For me, I have two use cases:
1) Paste URL into the current thought.
2) Paste URL as a child of the current thought with URL as attachment.

It would seem that the "Edit > Paste into Plex" results in a pop-up with two choices:
a) Pasting URL to the current thought: cool this takes care of #1 above
b) Pasting as an *outline*: which results in a child thought that simply has the URL *TEXT* in the name of the thought, but no URL attachment.  I suppose this functionality is useful for someone, however...
Shouldn't there be an option that allows me to achieve my #2 above?

Thanks,
Rich
zenrain
It's not currently available, but I definitely agree it would be very nice to be able to have the ability to paste files, links and URLs as a new child thought. I would guess the naming behavior would be the same as dragging a file/link/URL would be the same as a regular drag and drop.
It would also be a first step to allow quick-add files into PB.

+500

Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software