zenrain
It would be nice to have a keyboard accelerator for <b>Thought > Details</b>. I'm using this quite often to input the Internal ID as a reference in OmniFocus and this would make it quicker.<br>
Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6
Moe
zen, I have put in a feature request with our developers for this.

Thanks,
Moe
MikeA
Moe,

Please also make the thought Details dialog box a little wider so the full GUID is visable. (Saves having to resize the box every time to copy the GUID.) 

Thanks.  
-Michael
PB 6.0 Pro
JVM 1.6.0.23
Windows 7 Pro 64-bit
rhodes
Version 5.5.2.4 has an accelerator for Focus on Tools > Details. Is that gone in v6?
Alan Rhodes
Moe
Hi Alan,

Thanks for posting. The Details (tab) has been removed in version 6. Thought details can now be found by activating Thought > Details.

Thanks,
Moe

rhodes
Ah, thanks for explaining.
Alan Rhodes
Moe

Quote:

Originally posted by MikeA
"Please also make the thought Details dialog box a little wider so the full GUID is visable. (Saves having to resize the box every time to copy the GUID.)"

Mike, Thanks for your feedback. I have put in a request with our developers to change the width of the Details window to make the Thought GUID visible without having to re-size the window or scroll horizontally in the GUID textbox.

Thanks,
Moe

Moe
PB Version 6.0.4.1-b contains a keyboard accelerator for Thought > Details .

Thanks,
Moe
zenrain
Yay, thanks!
Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6
richramos

Zenrain,

Quote:
. I'm using this quite often to input the Internal ID as a reference in OmniFocus and this would make it quicker.<br>

How exactly are you using this? 
Do you know a way to link to thoughts from other applications?

Thanks,
Rich
Harlan
Thought URLs can be linked from any apps that support URL links... From the thought contact menu select copy thought URL.
Regards,
-Harlan
richramos

Quote:
Thought URLs can be linked from any apps that support URL links... From the thought contact menu select copy thought URL. 

I have several apps on my Mac that support URL links, but they do not recognize the "brain://" tag as a valid URL.  

So there must be more to it, which is why I asked Zenrain what he was doing since there was an implication that he might have this working with OmniFocus.

Do you have an example of a known working Mac app that recognizes the "brain://" tag?

Thanks,
-Rich 

Harlan
Hi Rich,

Sorry, that's not on the Mac yet. We're still working on it.
Regards,
-Harlan
zenrain
Rich, I type the Internal ID for the thought into my Omnifocus notes. Then when I'm working on that item I type the number into instant search, and then ctrl + enter. It will pull up the thought. 

I use hyperlinks all the time on Windows now it's available in the new beta, and will do the same on OSX when that is incorporated. However, since I only use OF on the iPhone and iPad, that option obviously won't work, so the Internal ID is the next best thing.
Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6
richramos

Quote:
I type the Internal ID for the thought into my Omnifocus notes. Then when I'm working on that item I type the number into instant search, and then ctrl + enter. It will pull up the thought. 

Ok, thanks, that was the key bit I was looking for. 

I wanted to make sure there wasn't something that I hadn't thought of, but I'm aware of that one.  

-Rich

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software