Kriggel23
Please add keyboard navigation to:
  • search field: cursor up / down and return to select and activate a single thought listed
  • create thought dialog: tab and space to navigate to, activate thought type button / tags list.
Kriggel23

TB 9.0.82.0
Mac OS X 10.11.3
perry
My Search box functions like this [confused] (on windows)

Thought creation definitely needs some keyboard additions! not sure what you mean with TAB and SPACE to navigate to?
Kriggel23
Well, when creating a thought in TB8 (on Mac) you could set the focus via the tab-key on the button "Type" (note: singular) resp. "Tags". With the focus on one of these buttons, you could open the list by pressing the spacebar.

In TB9 (9.0.82.0) you have to click with the mouse on the app. button.

BTW: Just realized that the label in TB9 is "Types" (note the "s"). OK, it shows a list of thought types, but when set, and you can choose only ONE thought type, and this thought type will be displayed instead of "Types". The behavior of the "Tags"-button differs a little bit ...
mcaton
Kringle,

The keyboard navigation for activating a search result should be working in this latest release.  Use the down arrows to select a result and enter to activate.

I've documented the keyboard navigation requests for Thought creation and utilizing the new type/tag options (without the mouse) as well.  

I see your point on the Type vs. Types.  I'll share this with the design team.

Thank you,
Matt

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software