MikeA
I have a shortcut key (ctrl+shift+v) assigned to the "Edit > Paste into Plex" accelerator command. If I copy a URL from IE and use this shortcut, PB adds the URL as an attachment to the active thought. I was expecting the URL to become a child thought of the active thought.

Note, if I right mouse click on the plex and paste from context menu, PB performs as expected (child thought is created). Likewise, using the context menu to paste in the attachments window performs as expected (attachment is created).

In addition to fixing this bug, I think an "Edit > Paste as Attachment" accelerator command is also needed.

PB 6.0.2.8 
-Michael
PB 6.0 Pro
JVM 1.6.0.23
Windows 7 Pro 64-bit
rhodes
Mike, I don't know if this helps you but I raised a similar issue here and got a reply from Harlan explaining the reasons for his design. I have a feeling we are meant to drag the favicon from the browser into the plex rather than use this accelerator.
Alan Rhodes
MikeA
Alan, thanks for pointing out your post. Unfortunately, I think your issue is different from mine. My issue is about the "paste" functions that work correctly with the mouse, but are not working properly with keyboard shortcuts.

1. If the mouse is in the plex - the "Paste ..." context menu item creates a new child thought. I was expecting the keyboard shortcut command "Paste into Plex" to do the same. It doesn't, so this may be a bug.

2. If the mouse is in the thought attachment window - the "Paste ..." context menu item creates a new attachment. I could not find an equivalent keyboard shortcut command in the accelerators list. I was expecting something like a "Paste as Attachment" command.

Note, the "Paste ..." menu item text changes depending on what was being pasted (eg. url, file, etc.).
-Michael
PB 6.0 Pro
JVM 1.6.0.23
Windows 7 Pro 64-bit
mcaton
Mike,

Yes, if you right click on the background, you'll get a new thought.  If you right click on the current active thought, you'll add the URL as an attachment to this existing thought.  The latter is the option that the CTRL+shift+v follows.

Thank you,
Matt
MikeA
mcaton wrote:
Yes, if you right click on the background, you'll get a new thought. 

I was expecting the "Paste in Plex" command (keyboard shortcut) to also do this, but it pastes as attachment. So it seems this very useful command (to create new child thought) is missing, and the current "Paste in Plex" command is labeled incorrectly. Will this be fixed?

mcaton wrote:
If you right click on the current active thought, you'll add the URL as an attachment to this existing thought.  The latter is the option that the CTRL+shift+v follows.

I would recommend that the command that pastes a URL/file as a thought attachment be labeled something like "Paste as Attachment".  Use the "Paste in Plex" label for the (missing) command that pastes a URL/file as a new child thought. Also, assign ctrl+shift+v as the default shortcut for this command.

Thanks.

-Michael
PB 6.0 Pro
JVM 1.6.0.23
Windows 7 Pro 64-bit

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software