mjklin
I see that F6 (on Windows) creates a child thought, but many times I want to move directly to that thought rather than find it with the mouse. Is there a way to create a child and activate it directly after with the keyboard?

Thanks!
Cerebrum
I don't know of a way of doing that but you can, if you wish, set Options, Preferences, Behavior, Activate Last Created Thought.
This will apply to all newly-created thoughts.

Also, although you can assign a keyboard shortcut to activate Preferences (by going to Options, Preferences, Keyboard, Application), you can't create a shortcut to a specific setting in Preferences.

And, FWIW, you can change the keyboard shortcut for creating a Child thought from F6 to something else in Keyboard, Thought.
mjklin
Thanks for making me aware of that setting in Preferences, I think it will take care of what I was looking to do. Great product!
mcaton
Additionally, we have a video tutorial available at  https://www.thebrain.com/support/tutorials#keyboard-shortcuts

Thanks,
Matt

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software