igoldsmid

Just initiated a web page index update and got about 150 x kvoop.exe :-)

IJG
Harlan

So far we've been unable to replicate this, but we are investigating...

Regards,
-Harlan
Steeph
Harlan wrote:
So far we've been unable to replicate this, but we are investigating...

Easy, just select from the menu
File -> Utilities -> Refresh Web Pages index

Click OK (or Yes, don't remember), wait some seconds until it has indexed some pages, say at least 10. Voila, lots of kvoop.exe processes.
PB user since 1998

Mind over matter?
I don't mind and it doesn't matter.
TB 8.0.2.1 Pro on Win10.1 Pro 64bit JVM 1.8.0-112
mcaton
We're still unable to replicate.  Maybe there is a particular web page causing the problem.  Would you be able to send us a .brainzip of a sample brain that experiences this problem on your end?

Thank you,
Matt
Steeph
mcaton wrote:
We're still unable to replicate.  Maybe there is a particular web page causing the problem.  Would you be able to send us a .brainzip of a sample brain that experiences this problem on your end?

I could do that, but I thought of something yesterday.
My brain is _old_, it was born in april 1998 and so it contains a lot of old links. A significant part of these are invalid now, which is confirmed by the "Broken URL attachment" report.

Now what I thought was, could it be that the kvoop process is waiting for the invalid link to return data and after a minute orso it times out and the process closes?
PB user since 1998

Mind over matter?
SamCox
I like that phrase — "My brain is old!"

Mine, too, but in a different way.

-- Sam

Steeph
Found another way that I can reproduce.

I had a bunch of PDF's that I dragged into the Plex and that also launched several kvoop processes. From the looks of it, one for each PDF.

To be complete, I dragged with ctrl-shift to move the PDF's into the brain, don't think that is relevant, but you never know.

Reproducible on PB 5.0.2.3 Pro with Indexing Libraries.

PB user since 1998

Mind over matter?
russnh
Is there any progress on this? I'm getting this too :-(
It doesn't always happen, but usually when I open a brainzip file and PB wants to re-index everything.

PB 5.0.2.4 with indexing libraries
Windows XP

At one point there were about 25 instances of kvoop.exe running and seriously slowing down the PC.

Russ

Harlan
Yes, this has been fixed for the upcoming 5.1 release.
Regards,
-Harlan
russnh
Great, thanks! I look forward (as ever) to the next release.

Russ

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software