Kriggel23
When you create a new thought, the label input field is not visible/accessible, even in expanded mode:
Bildschirmfoto 2016-12-02 um 07.51.10.png 
You have to create the new thought, re-open it, and only than you can enter the label:
Bildschirmfoto 2016-12-02 um 07.50.07.png 

Kriggel23

pthompson
Christian,

This is how thought creation worked on TheBrain 8, but perhaps now that we have an expanding and collapsing functionality for Types/Tags, we can also add in a label option there. I will write it up as a feature suggestion. Thanks.
lunatrix
yes I would also vote for being able to enter all info at thought creation. Maybe the very basic thought creation box is nice for newbies but even at low 'power user' status, I would far rather be able to do everything at once - even if it means the box gets bigger, even if it gets a little cluttered. 
By that last, I'd actually prefer to see all the info available for direct click, rather than have it hidden behind menu icons - which require extra clicks (as well as being easy to forget what's behind which!).
I want to fly through basic tasks like setting and changing thought info absolutely as fast as fast can be. Any extra clicks (esp if they also involve scrolling) for such common tasks are frustrating.
Hope that makes sense and is useful!
lunatrix
On the same topic - every time I re-open the Brain I have to click a very small arrow to to get even the basic thought creation dialogue. It seems always to default to the ultra minimal version without even the type/tag fields. These take so little space and seem useful in so many circumstances that I do not see the advantage of needing an extra click at all ...
Harlan
What are you referring to when you say "all the info available for direct click, rather than have it hidden behind menu icons"?
Regards,
-Harlan
mcaton
Helen,

One feature request that is already documented will include the ability to add a pipe symbol (|) while creating the new Thought Name to add a Label (your label would include any text that appears after the pipe symbol)

It seems that you would prefer all the additional thought properties (seen above in your second screenshot) to be your default creation window content for a NEW Thought as well.  This would be somewhat difficult to produce, since the new thought you are about to create does not yet have a history, ID, Create Date, etc.  But I'll write up a feature request to specify that the default Thought Creation window remembers to keep the additional Type and Tag options open after restart.

Thank you,
Matt
Kriggel23
Matt,

what about just adding the label field to the thought creation dialog?

[ok, and maybe the icon, and foreground, and background color. And the privacy indicator. All these fields, as well as the type and tags buttons should be part of the extended view. For the collapsed view, the name field would be sufficient.]

Kriggel23
mcaton
Yes, I'll document this request.

Thank you,
Matt

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software