Spacenexus
I'm increasingly using labels to briefly expand on the information given in a thought name. It would be useful if labels were also included in instant search, and also a report just listing labels (perhaps followed by the thought name in brackets). Is this possible?

cheers

Jim

@200229:
TB8022 32bit
Java 32bit Version 8 Update 141

Testing 11.0.60.0

Firefox, Office 2013 Pro Plus 32bit
64bit Win10Pro
64bit Primary Laptop, 8GB RAM, Intel Core i7
64bit Secondary Laptop, 64GB RAM, Intel Xeon E3
Brain user since 1997
FransJehoul
Good afternoon,

I don't use labels because on mouseover the type doesn't appear when there is a label. Perhaps it's possible to show the label and the type when they are both defined in the thought in one or another way!
I also agree with Jim's suggestion.
Regards,
Frans
Spacenexus
I know what you mean by type. However, I decided it was a good trade off when using labels since the colour coding of thought types works well enough.

cheers

Jim
@200229:
TB8022 32bit

Testing 11.0.60.0

64bit Win10Pro
Brain user since 1997
mcaton
Yes, individual Thought labels will always over ride a Thought Type in the plex display.

You may want to take a look at the TAGS field.  Right next to the thought label field on the Properties and Attachments tab.  Content entered here will not be displayed in the plex, but will be indexed and searchable.  It's an easy way to add searchable keywords, synonyms and acronyms to thought names.

Thanks,
Matt
Spacenexus
Thanks for the heads up on the Tags field Matt. That should do the trick.

cheers

Jim
@200229:
TB8022 32bit

Testing 11.0.60.0

64bit Win10Pro
Brain user since 1997
Elmar
mcaton wrote:

You may want to take a look at the TAGS field.  Right next to the thought label field on the Properties and Attachments tab.  Content entered here will not be displayed in the plex, but will be indexed and searchable.  It's an easy way to add searchable keywords, synonyms and acronyms to thought names.

Thoughts with tags are shown by full search. Unfortunately they are not shown in quick search. E.g. I have a thought called "Funkeninduktor". This thought has a tag named "spark coil" which is the english translation.
By performing a quick search on "spark" this thought is not displayed (see below). Performing a full search, this thought is listed in the results window (see below).
I would appreciate if this thought is also listed in the quick search box, perhaps as: "Funkeninduktor (spark coil)". Such a feature would give me the possibility to navigate w/o a full search in my brain with multiple names of my thoughts.

Elmar.
Click image for larger version - Name: spark1.jpg, Views: 190, Size: 20.31 KB Click image for larger version - Name: spark2.jpg, Views: 190, Size: 34.31 KB
jostber
I  would also appreciate having this functionality.
TheBrain 8.0.2.2 Slackware 14.2 KDE 4.10.3 Java 1.8 / (Windows 7)
krypticide
I seem to be getting inconsistent results for this. Some of my thoughts are instant searched via label, but others are not. I am using 4.1.2.8.
danlandrum
Has the Label field ever been made searchable? I see that several were asking about this, but it has been a few years. It doesn't appear to be directly searchable, but I'm wondering if there is some kind of workaround?

Thanks

OSX 10.13 
iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015)
3.3 GHz Intel Core i5
32 GB 1867 MHz DDR3
pthompson
danlandrum,

Yes, labels are searchable.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software