dkbeauchamp
When I am moving the mouse around in the plex, the UI is laggy, very slow to respond, hover behavior can't keep up with my mouse (thought/link highlighting, etc.)

This may just be because it's a Preview build, but I wanted to document just in case. I don't see any other reports of this.
mcaton
Thank you for posting.  Can you include a screenshot of the plex that you are currently viewing?  I'd like to replicate the same environment with the same number of thoughts, type of attachments etc.

Thank you,
Matt
dkbeauchamp
This morning I launched right after a reboot just to make sure everything was clean, and it still does it.

Even if there are only a few thoughts in the plex, I'm getting the same behavior just mousing over my pins.

There are very few attachments included with the thoughts in this view, although elsewhere in my brain I have very heavy attachment usage.

ScreenHunter_1.jpg 
Here are screenshots of my task manager and pc specs, just in case that is relevant.
ScreenHunter_3.jpg 
+ SSD

ScreenHunter_2.jpg 
mcaton
Thank you for the additional info.  We're testing now.

Matt
Harlan
Please go to preferences and turn off "UI > Update content on hover" and let us know if you are still seeing poor responsiveness.

When the content updates (showing notes or other attachments), the loading of that content happens on the main UI thread, blocking updates to the plex. Unfortunately, there is no way to avoid this as it is part of the way both the Windows and Mac OS work. The only option would be to not update the content on hover (what happens when you turn off this option in preferences) or add a delay so that the content does not update unless you pause for a moment over the desired thought.
Regards,
-Harlan
perry
Harlan wrote:
or add a delay so that the content does not update unless you pause for a moment over the desired thought.

Isn't that the definition of 'hover'?

But that's the way it seems to be coded atm... although the delay is pretty short (from what I can see).

I'd welcome setting the delay as a setting (as you won't be able to please everyone), similar to being able to set double-click speed and mouse speed, etc.
mcaton
Documenting the "adjustable delay."

Thank you,
Matt

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software