zenrain
The logs are being sent via the error message. Happening on multiple installations on multiple Brains. Seems like every time the tools window has to display something (so if I mouse over or choose another thought). 
macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 11.0.119
metta
Repeated error messages after updating to TB11.0.21 on Windows7, as well.

Details and output logs submitted through a new help desk ticket referenced in the in-app error messages.

Quick Summary:
> Error messages pop-up as soon as (or immediately after) I attempt to interact with a thought in the plex.
> After 4 restarts, I closed TB11  since there was nothing I could do inside the application.
mcaton
Zen and Metta,

Thank you for posting. Our engineers have received multiple log files related to this issue. The issue seems to relate to the option in Preferences for Update Displayed Content on Hover (Behavior tab) So you may have better results by unchecking this option until we get the issue resolved.

Thank you,
Matt
mcaton
Good news. We've just released 11.0.22 on the Alpha Channel that should resolve the issue of Continuous errors when “update displayed content on hover” is enabled (that started in 11.0.21.

Thank you and please keep us posted with the results of the update.

Matt
zenrain
Thanks, the new update has resolved the issue!
macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 11.0.119
metta
Ditto! ðŸ‘

Many thanks for the ultra-prompt turn-around on this welcome fix. ðŸ™‚
eeik
@mcaton, what might be the likelihood that you could share your team's `Ongoing v11 Alpha Bug Status` with the "eager to jump in, but maybe not quite yet" customers so that we can make an easily informed decision as to when we feel the waters are safe enough for our workflows and free-time? Ideally something a bit more real-time, like a static (but regularly updated and aggregated up and out of all of the discussion forums) HTML on the main TheBrain 11 page's overview, to compliment and extend the release notes PDF.
Harlan

@eeik, unfortunately it’s difficult for us to give an accurate status assessment since the nature of the alpha release is that we don’t know yet what problems might happen. While internally we have been using version 11 for several months it has only been more widely available for just over two weeks.

Whenever a significant problem is discovered we prioritize and fix it as soon as possible. That said, since we don’t know what might happen we can’t know how long any given issue might take

We expect that problems will continue to emerge as there are so many different ways it is used and so many different environments. When we reach a level of stability that we feel is suitable for a broader use we will change the status from alpha to beta.

I hope that provides a little perspective for you. Thanks for your feedback.

Regards,
-Harlan
eeik
@Harlan, I'm all too familiar with this process, have been shipping software for years. The perspective you've shared is a self-evident one to any who have. What I'm asking for is an offer of good faith from your team to your customers who have continued to contribute their time and effort to your QA process.

Give us a bone here. Your ticketing system, Jira, Trello, an internal bug brain, whatever it is ... for issues you've had reported, from any input channel, there is some initial triage that occurs to drive an impact and urgency priority value of some sort ... set the bar, somewhere, and disclose an ongoing issue backlog with relative priority and/or impact ranking values so that we can make informed decisions as to when to adopt what build and why...

Your response feels like a deflection from something perhaps you're unwilling or unable to provide in a timely or efficient manner. I hardly see a window into your bug backlog as being more damaging to your product and your brand than not making an effort to do so. Every open source community driven project on GitHub has wide open visibility into the full discussion ... I'm only asking for one line summary of the issue with an internally consistent ranking scheme that reflects software development best practices that would provide the equal and overlapping compliment to the release notes you already provide.

What technical, procedural, or philosophical impediments am I not seeing? You want continued funding from paying customers, many of those customers are often more engaged with your product for certain positive to your brand reasons, those customers continue to ask for more transparency to adequately set expectations for themselves or audiences of their brains ... what more can I offer here? Does the ask make sense?

//E
metta
+1 for greater transparency regarding the priority and status of bug fixes and feature requests -- for all the reasons stated above and in this related discussion

Thank you, @eeik ~ Agree with you completely: "those customers continue to ask for more transparency to adequately set expectations for themselves or audiences of their brains"
eeik
Thank you @metta for surfacing this old thread. Sigh. 🐇

@eeik: You haven't answered my question.
@Harlan: Quite right. Interesting. That was quicker than the others.
@eeik: "Others? What others? How many? Answer me!"
@Harlan: TheBrain is older than you know. I prefer counting from the emergence of one integral anomaly to the emergence of the next, in which case this is the sixth version.

[architect] 

@eeik: puts head down and gets back to work

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software