Kriggel23
In V8 we had beside "Normal" and "Outline" views: "Last Expanded" and "New Expanded".
In V9 we got "Mind Map", but nothing similar to the "... Expanded" views.

I tried to analyze something in TB9, and stumbled across the missing ability to move or place thoughts to/at custom places, e.g. thought A on left top, thought B on right bottom, with no regard whether or how their relation may be. The thoughts should stay there, as long as I do not change the View; saving / restoring these thought "lay-outs" would be fine.

A small issue with the gesture handling in V9, "Outline" and "Mind Map" view (I'm on macOS, using the Apple Trackpad): moving the plex around with THREE fingers is ok and fine; BUT: I can move the plex with TWO fingers as well (this does NOT work in "Normal" view) - but the mouse cursor is NOT moved, ONLY the plex?!

Kriggel23

zenrain
Expanded Views is still slated for v9, but not the initial release. See here.

For the 2 finger functionality, two finger movement is interpreted as a mouse scroll by the application, so it moves the plex (as if you are scrolling in that view) but not the cursor. 
For another example, scroll in this Safari page. The page will scroll, but the cursor will remain in the same place. [smile]
macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 11.0.119
Kriggel23
Thx for the info about the "Expanded View" - did not find it when I was looking for it.

"2 fingers": sounds logical, but TB9 is not stringent - in any view (Normal, Outline, Mind Map) I can move with three fingers, but only in Outline and Mind Map view I can move with two. Furthermore: imho one of the two gestures (I prefer 2 fingers) is sufficient, the other should be removed.

Kriggel23

zenrain
Kriggel23 wrote:

"2 fingers": sounds logical, but TB9 is not stringent - in any view (Normal, Outline, Mind Map) I can move with three fingers, but only in Outline and Mind Map view I can move with two. Furthermore: imho one of the two gestures (I prefer 2 fingers) is sufficient, the other should be removed.

I'm using an Apple Trackpad on macOS Sierra, and am unable to recreate the three finger move, just the two finger scroll. Do you have that mapped to something, or are you using a utility (I use BetterTouchTool) to expand the trackpad functionality?
macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 11.0.119
Kriggel23
Same here, but no utility. Verified my settings and found the reason for the three fingers gesture: "System Preferences > Accessibility > Mouse& Trackpad > Trackpad Options...", flags are set for Scrolling (with inertia), Enable dragging (three finger drag).
So, regarding the 3-fingers, it's my personal system setting and no TB9 issue.
Regarding the 2-fingers, well, it's like I wrote: the gesture is missing in Normal view.

Kriggel23

macOS 10.12.1
TheBrain 9.0.127

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software