GarryRobbins
I would like to have an attachment that when clicked, launches a generic .BAT file, and be able to pass a parameter, such as a node name.

My attachment looks like this, but is not working.

file:///C:/Tools/putty/LAUNCH.BAT -load CMOC0N

Ideas?
Thanks, Garry.
Visnet

Would creating a bat or cmd file not be an option?

In the commandfile you put the call to the generic file with parameters?

You could then import the bat or cmd file in the brain.

Wim

GarryRobbins
Thanks for the response.

That is what I am trying to do, but do not know the syntax to launch a .BAT file with a parameter (such that I could pick up %1% in the .BAT file) and direct as needed.

Just specifying:

file:///C:/Tools/RDP/LAUNCH.BAT MyNodeName

doesn't seem to work.
Thanks, Garry.
Steeph
Don't think this will work.

What TB does is just gives the attachment to Windows Explorer and says: Hey, I've got this file here with extension .something, open it in whatever program you have that can handle files with extension .something.

This is the regular way to launch files, you don't want to keep track of associations and such things, you let Windows handle all that.

I guess the only way to do this is to write hardcoded cmd files that contain the parameter you need.
PB user since 1998

Mind over matter?
I don't mind and it doesn't matter.
TB 8.0.2.1 Pro on Win10.1 Pro 64bit JVM 1.8.0-112
GarryRobbins
Yes, I guess that passing a parameter to a DOS file is something that would never be useful.

What would *really* be nice is to be able to pass parameters, and substituting Thought metadata as a parameter:
E.g. file:// ... etc ... /LAUNCH.BAT $PERSONAL_BRAIN_THOUGHT_NAME
Thanks, Garry.
mnolte

Adding parameters was on a request list some years ago. Still missing it.

Martin

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software