newguy

I'm wondering if there might be anyone out there using PB to map out case investigations?  I'd be interested in swapping some ideas/practices in this regard. 

jostber
Here is a previous thread with some more information on this:

http://forums.thebrain.com/tool/post/thebrain/vpost?id=1925887&highlight=police

TheBrain 8.0.2.2 Slackware 14.2 KDE 4.10.3 Java 1.8 / (Windows 7)
jonathansoroko
I'm a former law enforcement person - and then years doing private fraud (and other) investigations. PB looks like it has great potential for certain types of cases. (I'm old enough to have worked O.C. cases with index cards).
I'm new to PB - and now doing risk planning/disaster management - not so dissimilar to law enforcement problems. Probably not the best for, e.g., 10K pen register data; or the GIS functionality of Orion (serial murder application that has great application for focusing time/distance). But it's definitely worth exploring - especially to the extent you can, e.g., export to table or compare/sort by fields.
Jon

jostber
I am doing some Risk Management/planning in my project right now, and I would love to see some examples of possible uses!

TheBrain 8.0.2.2 Slackware 14.2 KDE 4.10.3 Java 1.8 / (Windows 7)

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software