rengel
This one is a real nuisance, a bug in the UI:

Long thought names in the plex or in the pin up bar are shortened. OK.
But if I try to click on the attached icon, I have a problem. The pictures tell the story. The same happens with long names in the plex. Probably, the problem lies in the event management. The events always seem to go the underlying object, not to the displayed object (the long overlay name).

Click image for larger version - Name: pic1.png, Views: 126, Size: 19.95 KB Click image for larger version - Name: pic2.png, Views: 125, Size: 19.32 KB
Click image for larger version - Name: pic3.png, Views: 124, Size: 21.54 KB
Reinhard, TB 10.0.48.0, WIN 10

Quality is the result of attention paid to details.
FransJehoul
Good afternoon,

When you click on the place where the icon was, the attachment (or list) is opened. It works for pins the same as in the plex.

Regards,

Frans
rengel
Yes, I know. But that's not really helpful from the standpoint of an inexperienced user, is it? You automatically start chasing after the jumping icon (at least, I did at first). It's against the standard behavior of a good user interface. And it's irritating because, as a user, you don't expect that behavior and don't see and understand, why sometimes the attached item is activated (if you click on the old position) or sometines just the thought is activated (if you click somewhere else on the name).

Reinhard, TB 10.0.48.0, WIN 10

Quality is the result of attention paid to details.
Darkstar

I agree with Rengel. It is very non-intuitive. Took me a while to figure out what was going on. As I love long thought names (why make a short thought name and put the rest in the notes when you DON'T have to?), I've got a lot of experience with this problem--- and I still try to catch the icon when I am deep in thought or partially distracted while using PB! Perhaps not very intelligent of me, but certainly human.

-Darkstar
Dryopithecus
In many cases we don't have to chase after the icons if we could open attachments and enlarge ThoughtIcons by middle clicking on thoughts. But this feature is not available (yet).
Harlan
We're aware of this issue and plan to fix it in a future release. Thanks.
Regards,
-Harlan

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software