zenrain
I've noticed there's a rather large folder (1.7GB) in ~/Library/Caches/com.thebrain.TheBrain/

It has a lot of files in the fsCachedData going back months. Will I damage anything by cleaning this out? Is it possible for TheBrain to monitor this and keep the size in check?
Can I set my own Hazel rule to delete files created before a certain date?
macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 11.0.119
mcaton
Zen,

Yes, this content can safely be deleted.  Feel free to set an automated deletion process.  I'll also document that the folder is becoming excessively large for our engineers to review.

Thanks,
Matt
zenrain
Thanks Matt!

For those interested I set up a Hazel Rule to monitor the ~/Library/Caches/com.thebrain.TheBrain/fsCachedData folder and have it delete files that were NOT created in the last 12 Hours:
HazelRule.png 

It has reduced the folder from 1.7 GB to 275 MB. I'm leaving the other files alone for now to see how things go. If necessary I'll update this thread 
macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 11.0.119
zenrain
FYI, if anyone else is doing this, I've removed the Hazel rule and replaced it with the following KM Macro:

KM_Delete.png

I
'm pausing in case there is some remnant process that occurs on quit. I'm guessing there aren't, but in case I quit by mistake during a sync and a process is still running I'd prefer not to cause an issue. [smile] Since it's a 10 second delay I then check to make sure the app isn't running again.
macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 11.0.119
pthompson
Thanks, as always, for the awesome tips and tricks zenrain.
Harlan
FYI, this folder is the cache used by TB9's internal browser. It is normally automatically managed but can be deleted (you may lose cookies or other internal browser data as a result however).
Regards,
-Harlan

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software