zenrain
I couldn't resist, sorry...

In 5.5, the statistics screen now includes calendar events in the thought count. I'm not sure if this is intended as Calendar events are now thoughts, but I thought I'd point it out.

I would rather that they aren't included in the thought count, but that's just me.

The other thing is, that instead of saying Brain GUID, it says null.

Finally, I only have 18 thought types, not 197.
Click image for larger version - Name: Statistics.png, Views: 152, Size: 9.64 KB
Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6
NorthFarm
@ zenrain.

According to Harlan the calendar entries are included as thought. Why I don't know. I also had a strange type count but wasn't answered on that. See: http://thebrain.websitetoolbox.com/post?id=3605220
Regards Hans Henrik Nørregaard
----------------------
TB 11.0.95.0 (Pro Combo) Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Java 1.8.0_211
Darkstar
They are counted as thoughts because they are stored as thoughts in the database. I'd expect their "type" will be set to calendar.

From what I remember of what Harlan posted about this, it made it sound like calendar events are actually being counted as "types" as well, so if you had 100 calendar events, and 20 "real" thought types, you'd display 120 types, but I could have misunderstood.
-Darkstar
zenrain
Hmmm, I knew they were being considered as thoughts, but I didn't know they were being counted as types as well.

I'd like to suggest splitting the calendar thoughts out from the regular thought count and let them have their own count. I don't think it's a major inconvenience (you can still run a report on all thoughts to get a count), but it will raise questions on discrepencies between this and the reports result (although there is already one as thought types are in the count also).

This is especially true for people who create a lot of calendar events. I would think with enough events it will affect the links per thought ratio as well. Again, not a huge deal, but it's still nice to have an accurate representation for how your brain is developing.
Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6
dcb_oz

This is a new feature of PersonalBrain. It scans your calendar items and turns them into thoughts to remind you of all the things you have to do but are still floating around in your brain. GTD or anti-GTD? I can't tell. 

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software