jjgardner
Hi all,

I am trying to learn how to use the Link to thought function in the notes section.  What does that function do?
How do you use it?

I am back at school full time trying to use PB to help with taking notes from reading and connecting the information.  Thoughts: Chapter 1; vocabulary

When I am taking notes on say Ch 1 information is there a way to link a word to a thought called vocabulary so I have a list of the vocabulary words I want to study?

Thanks
zoner
The PB 6 Guide posted on this page goes over how to link thoughts from notes, take a look at page 152. Good luck.
zenrain
There's a second way to do it which doesn't require the thought's exact name to be in the notes.

To do this, activate the thought you want to link to, right-click and choose Copy Thought URL. Then in your thought notes, highlight the text you want to add the URL to and either click ctrl+k or insert > Hyperlink from the drop down menu. Then paste in the text. 
macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 11.0.119
jjgardner
Hi,

Thanks for the replies.  The user manual only give a very brief description.  I have trie it a few times and I cannot make it work

I also tried Zenrain's suggestion and could not make it work either.  Not sure what I'm doing wrong.  I selected the thought I wanted to paste into a note, copied the hyperlink.  Then went to the notes section and inserted the hyperlink.  Didn't work?

I'm ultimately trying to take some notes for a class that I am taking and want to be able to reference other thoughts in the notes section for that class (thought).  

Any other suggestions would be helpful, thanks.
zenrain
Hmm, are you holding down the ctrl button when you click the hyperlink in the notes? Also, do regular hyperlinks work when you try to activate them?
macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 11.0.119

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software