bmac
I received an alert from TheBrain that it could not copy to WebBrain an attachment because it was larger than 50 MB.  I thought that was interesting since I should not have such large attachments and I also thought that this was an unusual message because it did tell me what specific attachment it was.  How am I supposed to find it?

But then in looking at a link that I had just copied into the thought folder, it was listed at 75,500.9 KB.  Why would TheBrain want to copy the entire file when all I would expect it to do is to copy the actual link up to the cloud?

Shouldn't TheBrain be able to recognize a link and only copy the link address?
Bill
customized Desktop PC (Haswell i7 4770 3.4 gHz with 32 GB RAM), Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, 256 GB SSD,  and a Microsoft Surface Pro 6, Windows 10, 512 GB SSD, 16 GB ram, i5
Tracy
Hi Bill,
Only your "internal" files will sync to TheBrain Cloud, not your links or shortcuts so that wouldn't be it. What I would do is run a Report on your Attachments. Go to your Reports Tool and click on "All" This will show Report options. Go to Attachments and then Internal Attachments. This is going to display a report on your internal attachments in your digital Brain. One of them most be over this size limit. Please let me know if you find it. Thanks! Tracy 
Tracy Barr
TheBrain Technologies
bmac
Tracy - Unless I am mistaken, the report does not display the size of the attachment.  That means I have to check each and every attachment manually.  Or, is there another way to do this?

Also, see this attachment which is a link in the thought window.  Note the size.  Is this size being picked up by the brain as being too big to synchronize with WebBrain?

And, one request: when the synchronization process reports that it could not synchronize a file due to its size, could that message also list the name of that file so it is easy to find what file may be causing a problem?
Click image for larger version - Name: Capture.PNG, Views: 40, Size: 5.81 KB
Bill
customized Desktop PC (Haswell i7 4770 3.4 gHz with 32 GB RAM), Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, 256 GB SSD,  and a Microsoft Surface Pro 6, Windows 10, 512 GB SSD, 16 GB ram, i5
pthompson
Bill,

I've tested this and it should definitely not be notifying of larger than 50 mb files on sync if they are only linked (not internally stored). I have logged this as a bug and will have our engineers start fixing this right away. Thanks.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software